Kauai Vacation Rentals
Seven Steps to Buying A Home on Kaua`i, Hawaii
1. Pick a qualified real estate salesperson or broker. in the 2009 National Association of Realtors® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, survey results showed that 87% of home buyers relied on real estate agents when searching for a home and 85% of sellers used a real estate professional. 8 out of 10 buyers who used the Internet to search for a home, purchased the home through a real estate agent. Find a qualified professional you not only like, but are confident will help you find the home you want. As a REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® and Accredited Buyer's Rep (ABR®) on Kauai, I am happy to meet with you to talk about the home buying process and how we can work together.
2. Meet with a lender and get pre-approved for your loan. Getting pre-qualified vs. pre-approved for a loan are two different things. Ask your lender for a pre-approval letter you can give to your Realtor. You'll find that being pre-approved gives you the best chance of getting your offer accepted. This is critical in a competitive situation when other home shoppers may be vying for the same Kauai property that you have your heart set on. Talk to your lender now and get a plan in place. Need a lender? Click here for Kauai lenders or call me, Kauai Realtor-Associate®, Debra Jason, and ask me to provide you with referrals.
3. Decide what is most important to you in a home. Share this with me as your Realtor-Associate. That way, when I find the home you want, you'll be ready to buy it!
4. Look at homes with your REALTOR®. If you prefer, I can e-mail information to you first and (in most cases) you can go online and preview homes. If you are in a competitive price category, or you are looking for a hard-to-find property be prepared to make time in your schedule on short notice. This will allow me to show you a new listing as soon as it is available – and often before it is on the market!
5. Have your Realtor write up your offer. When the time comes to make an offer on the home you want, your Realtor will help complete a contract based on your goals. Keep your long term goals in mind, and the reasons that you are moving. Consider how you want to take title (seek legal advice if you have questions), the price you want to offer, the terms of your financing, property inclusions, when you want to take possession of the home, and any special considerations that are important to you. Your Kauai Realtor-Associate will present your offer to the seller’s broker and keep you informed. In Hawaii, the offer is known as the Purchase Contract (PC). You may hear some people refer to it as a DROA (Deposit, Receipt, Offer, Acceptance) as that is what it was called up until 2007.
6. Close on the home. During the contract process you will review the title work, have the home inspected, and attain final loan commitment from your lender. Your Realtor, the escrow company and lender work together to get you to closing on time and with no surprises. They are your team.
Move in and enjoy! Be it
single-family home or a Kauai condo, you now own real property in
Introduce yourself to your neighbors and prepare for years of happiness
your new home on Kaua`i.
When Paradise is Calling You, Call Me! Your Kauai Realtor-Associate®, Debra A. Jason
Looking to buy a home on Kauai? Discover 5 ways to get great results from your Kauai REALTOR®. Just, fill out the form below, e-mail (best option for IE users), or call me at (808) 635-8031 and I'll send you a FREE copy of this informative brochure, "Five Ways to Get Great Results From Your Realtor."
is calling you, call me!
On the highway in the heart of Hanalei
5-5190 Kuhio Hwy., Hanalei, HI 96714
About Debra // Client
Testimonials // Featured
// Latest Kauai Listings // Kauai Home Search //Kauai Real Estate Quarterly Newsletter
This and all pages ©2003-2012 Debra Jason. All rights reserved.